Students- Submit a Ticket
Laptop Opt-out Form
Students who wish to provide their own laptop in place of an FCPS issued laptop will complete and return a signed Opt-Out Form by September 30, to their school’s technology team. A personally owned laptop must have a keyboard and be compatible with Google Apps for Education and Microsoft Office and must be compatible with the school Wi-Fi. Smartphones are not an acceptable substitution. School tech support will not be available for personally owned laptops. FCPS instructional applications are not licensed for installation on personally owned laptops.
Click here to access the FCPS webpage that details information about the laptop opt-out form. Fill out one form for each child.
FCPS SCHOOLOGY HELP INFORMATION
Schoology Asking Students to Connect to Google Apps?
- Watch the video.
Error Message Logging On? Can't Authenticate?
- When more than one person (parent and/or student(s) logs into Schoology on the same computer/web browser, you may get an error message when logging in. You will need to clear the cache and delete the history.
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
- Parent and Guardian
- Can send a private message to teachers
- Can receive a private message from teachers
- Back to School with Schoology
- Schoology Login Page
- Video: Student Google Assignment Connecting for the First Time
- Video: Resolving the Access Denied Message in a Schoology Google Assignment
Remember Google Chrome is the preferred browser.
1. RESTART your laptop (sometimes 4-5 times) to get updates from the county so that it runs efficiently.
2. Clear the history and cache.
Need more help? Check out the Links Below!
FCPS has set up an online portal to allow older students and parents and guardians to request technology help directly.
The help desk can be reached at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS) and will be answered by staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week.
Parents or guardians who need help in a language other than English can inform the help desk staff when they call, and an interpreter will join them live on the call.
If help desk staff members are unable to solve the issue, they will request help from the appropriate FCPS team.