2023-2024 School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic year.
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Hayfield Elementary School
Jessica Lewis, Principal
Measureable Outcome for Math
By June 2024, the percentage of all students (1-6) demonstrating within-year growth in math as measured by the iReady assessment will increase from 54 percent in Spring 2023 to 64 percent, an increase of 10 percentage points.
- Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for Engaging & Student-Centered Mathematics Instruction.
- Increase teacher implementation of explicit instruction and other components of effective mathematics intervention.
- Increase teachers implementation strategies related to Shift 8: from looking for correct answers towards revealing student thinking.
Measureable Outcome for Language Arts
By June 2024, the percentage of current third grade students demonstrating on grade level reading ability as measured by the Spring I-Ready assessment will increase from 69% (cohort 2022-2023) to at least 75%.
- Improve daily, systematic, explicit instruction in phonological awareness, phonics, and morphology in the core language arts block. (HLP 2)
- Expand use of skills-based grouping to ensure students demonstrate mastery of foundational skills. (HLP 2, 5)
- Increase impact of tier 2 interventions for students demonstrating risk by using FCPS-recommended programs and practices with fidelity (e.g., Lexia, UFLI). (HLP 5)
Measurable Outcome for Social/Emotional Learning
By June 2024, the percent favorable on the 'belonging' topic on the SEL Screener will increase by 5 percentage points; from 57% in Spring 2023 to 62% in Spring 2024.
- Strengthen adults' knowledge regarding the connection between Tier 1 wellness practices, mental health, behavior, substance misuse, and trauma, and related instructional practices and referral processes appropriate to their role (Strengthen Adult SEL/Mental Health)
- Improve implementation fidelity of Tier 1 explicit skills instruction and application opportunities related to SEL and mental health protective factors. (Promote Student SEL/Mental Health)
- Strategy 3: Increase student engagement and voice to improve school climate. (Promote Student SEL/Mental Health)